1. There is less and less to do as the world grows more automated and slowly our virtual lives overtake our waking work.
2. The south gates of the city are carved from massive blocks of smokey grey marble. Each stone has been expertly shaped into a multitude of terrifying visages meant to strike fear in the oncoming hordes.
3. They aren’t quite deer, too thin, too fragile, but they fill the same slot in the forest when those are gone and fall to the same ethereal wolves and feral unicorns.
4. Have you ever tried to eat without salt? It’s horrifying, seriously. I’d rather give up smoking twice than try this again.
5. We still haven’t found a way to thwart time, so each trip across the stars means the loss of the world we leave behind.
The prompts are meant to serve as sparks or story starters and are free to a good home. You’re welcome to use them verbatim or modified, the only restriction is that you don’t just resell them as prompts. (That’s my shtick!)
Looking for prompts with a specific focus? Hire me to create a custom eBook of 62 prompts on (almost) any theme, 31 of which you get to lock into a vault so no one else can see them for at least a year!