You would think with all the scale model hobbies out there that finding instructions on how to age scale wood fences would be easy… but not so much! I found plenty of articles on how to age normal wood, but when you are working with balsa wood and basswood, the pickings are pretty slim.
1. Magic burns like hot peppers, sometimes pleasant, sometimes not.
2. “I worry about you,” she said, tucking away a strand of hair from his face, “You’re too newly hatched to face this test.”
“I am from a line of Kings,” he objected. “I’ve been bred for this, it’s what I was meant to be.”
“I hope so.”
“I know so.”
3. Two shadows trot along the ridge of darkness. Only a breath brighter than their surrounds, they’re ghostly echoes of what the dark used to be.
4. The world is full of noise, hundreds of things constantly demanding her attention… So one day she turned it all off.
5. “I think you’ve missed the point. This isn’t about the end of the world, it never was. This has always been just about you and me.”
It’s four days into 2015 and I have a BUNCH of custom orders already! (None of which are in this photo, sadly). I’m ecstatic and a little overawed, gotta tell ya, but I’m raring to go!
So I’ve been getting my Muses in gear by trying to finish up some old works before I start in on the new ones. The two draft horse heads are two of the three attempts to cast this one in plaster (the third broke coming out of the mold and needs additional repair). They came out okay, but not great– I think I’m going to stick to casting this one in resin only.
The three small horse heads are going to be a trio of metallics and for sale as a set when they are done. I’m experimenting with smaller lot sizes and premades for the magnets to see if they sell better than the custom slots. *crosses fingers*
The Mini Whinnie is… well, I’m not sure yet. She’s been on the workbench for quite a while and I’m not sure if she’s meant for chrome or not. I think she’s just going to get a nice dappling, but we’ll see what the week brings.
Incoming custom orders are: G3 Highland Pony (Silver Bay), G3 Warmblood Jumper (4-H Theme), G3 Tennessee Walker (American Spirit Theme), G1 Thoroughbred (Gold Tobiano), and Big Ben (unknown). Gonna be a blast to paint these guys!
I had problems focusing on accomplishing things last year, but the one thing I did end up stumbling into was the idea of trying new things instead of just improving old skills. The Silicone caulk molds and plaster and resin casting weren’t anything I’d ever done before, but they turned out to be a lot of fun! If a tad unorganized…
So this year I’m going to do things right and not lose sight of what I’m trying to accomplish. I’m scheduling posts for the first Saturday of each month for the rest of the year as check-ins. No way I’m losing track of this set of 12!
1. The walls around the city are barely three feet tall; nothing on this planet ever learned to jump or climb.
2. Going partially deaf is more terrifying than he’d prepared for. His brain is all too willing to fill in the emptiness with what it expects to hear, and his mind teases voices from the static.
3. Running from your past is easy, it’s your future that’s harder to escape.
4. When they said ninety percent of the writing on the internet was crap, they were being optimistic. But somewhere in the archives was the data he needed, so if it took him weeks or months to hone the search algorithms it was still worth the dig.
5. She has twelve souls under her watch, to guide and guard from the gates of Hell. So every full moon when they lose themselves, she does the killing for them.