1. The horses notice they are being followed before the dogs do.
2. “River stones are an oracle, if you read them right.” She reached into the water without looking and drew out three rocks. “White is death, red is change, black is statis– there’s a book I can lend you if you want.”
3. Overnight the dragons have made a mess of the pens, leaving behind scorched earth, claw marks, and what’s left of his sheep.
4. Snarled by the magic, the snow comes down as hail.
5. There is life in space, tucked in amount the stardust and solar winds, and it flourishes here just as it does in the extremes of Earth.
Normally I donate custom model horses to model horse live shows, but this time around I figured a small herd of Fat Pony magnets might be more fun! 🙂
I’ve made donations for Big Orange Bash (Knoxville, TN) before and I’m more than happy to keep them hock deep in magnets or models. The show is a fund raiser for the Large Animal Clinic at the University of Tennessee’s College of Veterinary Medicine and if my silly little horses can help, how can I pass that up?
I went for a full fantasy herd this time around, in homage to my past donations, and tried to get as much variation as I could into the ranks. Part of this was because I was going to use the photos in the Etsy store, so two birds (err, 11 fat ponies) with one stone!
Click for eBooks + Prompts = Plot bunnies for all!
1. He wakes to the sound of screams and the heavy smell of smoke and charred garbage. Someone’s set the city’s rivers on fire.
2. The foal has four white legs, harbingers of the worst kinds of luck, and they remove it from the stable as soon as it can stand.
3. “‘Youth is wasted on the young’ is such a stupid saying.” She waved a hand dismissively. “Nothing lived is wasted. So maybe I don’t meet your ridiculous standards, so what? I won’t let you ruin my life over it.”
4. The weather abruptly changes over the weekend, sending them scrambling from sandals and shorts to snow shovels and winter coats.
5. Toys meant for zero gravity don’t work planetside and local craftsmen have made a killing developing knock-offs that do.
Wooden Dolphin #001 – Black and Gold Dusty Dolphin
What mammal through yonder wavecrest breaks? Why tis a gilded dolphin o’course!
I picked up a small pod of wooden dolphins from Michael’s and this little guy was the first one to leap his way onto the finished pile. So far my muses have been dancing along the fantasy end of things, but I’m hoping for a realistic one someday. *crosses fingers*
My grandmother used to tell me that the sunlight dancing on the wavetips was the sea’s diamonds and if that’s so I can’t think of a better dash of gold to add to the hoard than this handsome fella.