1. “Hark! What light through yonder window breaks?”
“Tossing a lamp through a window is not Shakespeare”
“No, that’s more like Artistic Misdemeanor.”
2. The quad was quieter than she expected. Even with the oppressive herd of students gone for the summer, the teachers kept their same quiet rounds like clockwork soldiers.
3. There is plenty of room in space for people who aren’t good at math. Cooking meals, running the on-ship banking, providing religious services—the non-engineering staff outnumbered the hard science degrees three to one, but those weren’t the jobs the Navy advertized.
4. Dragons were grumpy hostile creatures, which was to be expected of any critter harboring a permanent case of heartburn.
5. Upon sober reflection, it really wasn’t that funny. Most things done at 3am whilst insanely drunk with your school chums rarely hold up to scrutiny afterwords, but this (they all agreed) was a new level of stupid.
The prompts are meant to serve as sparks or story starters and are free to a good home. You’re welcome to use them verbatim or modified, the only restriction is that you don’t just resell them as prompts. (That’s my shtick!)
Looking for prompts with a specific focus? Hire me to create a custom eBook of 62 prompts on (almost) any theme, 31 of which you get to lock into a vault so no one else can see them for at least a year!