1. His name had been lost somewhere among the centuries; mortal attention spans were much shorter than the Sleeper’s naps.
2. There’s nothing noble or innocent about predators, humanoid or otherwise, and the sooner you learn that, the safer you’ll be.
3. “Stop shooting at me!” The dragon snapped, shivering as bullets pinged off composite scales. Promise or no promise, he was going to start eating people if they kept this up.
4. Youth was the only card they had to play, but settling for outliving your enemies is never as easy as it sounds.
5. They didn’t have to tell her it was an angel, the thing radiated purity drowning them in waves of crippling unworthiness until Harrison gunned it down.