1. Zero-sum exchanges rarely happen in real life, outside of math books and diplomatic primers someone always loses.
2. Real-life meanders about like a play stuck in Act II.
3. He knows when he says it that it’s really won’t not can’t, but his teammates understand even if their captors don’t.
4. It’s the first rule she learns: sisters are competition, brothers are protection.
5. None of them were used to animals anymore and the first wave of colonists tried not to laugh as the second flinched every time a cat yawned.