1. Snowballs and coal dust make impromptu graffiti on whitewashed walls and they leave Rorschach blots and footprints in their wake.
2. “Get out of here now,” she didn’t look up from the pieces of the broken vase. “Go.”
3. The nice thing about visiting low-tech worlds is that he can brush off their questions with ‘it’s magic’ instead of trying to parrot the appropriate technobabble.
4. He laid awake for a long while afterword, listening to the wind and the rain and wondering what it would feel like to die.
5. The aliens nibble away at the gravity until the decoy finally vanishes from view of the sensors.