1. The walls of the ancient volcano tower over them, slick black obsidian polished to a mirror’s shine by the desert’s never-ending winds.
2. I don’t think he ever really meant to leave us, but promises are easier to break than vows.
3. Cell phones are fickle things, but she’s beginning to think the constant dropped calls have more to do with spite than signal loss.
4. It’s one thing to hear ‘camouflage fur’ among the scientific babble and quite another to watch a rodent the size of a panther step into the tall grasses and vanish.
5. Some days the suns are too faint to trigger the chlorophyll patterns on his skin, their pale dim circles hovering mockingly in the clouds, leaving him out of breath.
The prompts are meant to serve as sparks or story starters and are free to a good home. You’re welcome to use them verbatim or modified, the only restriction is that you don’t just resell them as prompts. (That’s my shtick!)
Looking for prompts with a specific focus? Hire me to create a custom eBook of 62 prompts on (almost) any theme, 31 of which you get to lock into a vault so no one else can see them for at least a year!