1. The massive beasts hunt like cranes, standing motionless for hours followed by short sharp bursts of violence that leave the waters flush with silt and blood.
2. “Come away with me,” looking out over the harbor he asked without asking, knowing the answer was no.
But after a moment, she said “Come away with me instead.”
3. The ship’s fabrication shop will make them anything they can dream up, but the security protocols still limit what they are allowed to dream.
4. “I was late to the table once, back when I’d first moved out to the ranch and hadn’t butted heads with Grandma yet. Trust me, you don’t want to find out what happens when she counts to ‘two’…”
5. Could-have-beens litter the apartment, so she doesn’t pack anything at all. Two signatures later and Goodwill and her landlord are left to clean up her failures.
The prompts are meant to serve as sparks or story starters and are free to a good home. You’re welcome to use them verbatim or modified, the only restriction is that you don’t just resell them as prompts. (That’s my shtick!)
Looking for prompts with a specific focus? Hire me to create a custom eBook of 62 prompts on (almost) any theme, 31 of which you get to lock into a vault so no one else can see them for at least a year!