1. Chess pieces are infinitely adaptable, bishops can be dragons, castles can be battle-cruisers, it’s the heart of the game never changes.
2. You can’t ban fugitives from the internet, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t try.
3. Robbing people is harder than it looks, their brains stutter as they try to process the fact I’m asking for their valuables. Purse snatching is much easier– it takes them out of the equation altogether.
4. Must is too strong a word, but everyone keeps using it. Must do, must be, must have– it grates at him to hear them filter the world into binary states.
5. They live in poverty, dragging themselves from kill to kill, relying on the curse to keep them alive.