1. They come into my world kicking and screaming, but that’s because they’re adults and not children.
2. Castles on cliffs are easily defended, which is why he builds his in the middle of the rolling hills. It’s a taunt to his neighbors, but they know better than to take the bait and attack.
3. If anyone else minds, they don’t say so out loud, but she wonders who’s going to feed the dragon when the sheep run out.
4. Turning off the internet is like turning off the world– stepping into the dead zone isn’t really that unnerving until you realize how many unconscious habits are built around it.
5. It rains here, but it never pours and he finds himself thinking fondly on the monsoons of home. Which is a good sign that it’s time to stop drinking.
The prompts are meant to serve as sparks or story starters and are free to a good home. You’re welcome to use them verbatim or modified, the only restriction is that you don’t just resell them as prompts. (That’s my shtick!)
Looking for prompts with a specific focus? Hire me to create a custom eBook of 62 prompts on (almost) any theme, 31 of which you get to lock into a vault so no one else can see them for at least a year!