Much like the Sixth Meme it’s a tagging bonzana, but there are some extra rules this time.
1) Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award badge
2) Answer the eleven questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
3) Provide eleven miscellaneous facts about yourself
4) Nominate eleven blogs of relatively small readership that you think deserve to be better-known
5) Notify the bloggers that you’ve nominated them
6) Compile eleven questions for your nominees to answer
Step 1 is already done (Thanks Kamalia! :D) and her eleven questions are below (Step 2).
1) Tell me about a game or games — video or table or both! — that you are really enjoying right now.
To be honest I’m really not playing much of anything right now. Finding a tabletop group is a lot harder than I’d like it to be and I’ve put Diablo and WoW to the side during the past few months.
2) What classes, races, or roles do you find yourself most drawn to in RPGs, whether in D&D, a single-player video game, or an MMO?
Races = non-human, preferably something in a mammalian predator theme.
Classes/Roles = I like support classes, but those are really only enjoyable if there is a grouping community that’s relatively friendly. Otherwise I love things with minions (Diablo Druids and Necromancers, City of Heroes Masterminds, Firefall Engineers) and ranged classes. Thanks to WoW I’ve come to enjoy wading in as melee, but I’m still not 100% sold on tanking with groups of people I don’t know.
3) When you make your first character in a new game, do you try to make a character that is in some way an avatar of your RL self, or do you make someone entirely different?
I almost always play females, but that’s about as much of an avatar as I get. Depending on how much RP in the RPG, I love building back-stories and unique characters more than I do embracing the Mary Sue.
4) Describe a typical session of playing your current favorite video/computer game.
I turn on the treadmill, bump it up to 2.5, set the e.ggtimer.com so I remember to take a break and then hop on! Sadly I’m out of practice the last few months, so I’m having to rebuild my stamina– but I’ve played 3 mile random dungeon marathons before.
Right now since I’m leaving my baby bear tank I just mostly run dungeons, but I’m trying to work out a solid ‘play on weekdays’ schedule so I may go back to dailies or questing instead (Wailing Caverns take forever! >.<;;)
5) What was the very first computer/video game you ever played? How old were you?
Hmm, earliest I can remember if on the Commodore 64, there was this dolphin spelling game– *Googles* Thank you internet hivemind! 😀 (And I refuse to try and figure out how old I was because OMG I AM ANCIENT! *cries*)
Sea Speller – By Fisher Price on Commodore 64
6) Do you have more than one blog? If so, what is/are your other blog(s) about? (Blog names/links not necessary, and you don’t have to include personal/family/work-related blogs unless you really want to.)
I used to have six blogs, but they’ve all been combined into this one (which is why there is model horses, writing, microbusiness posts in among the WoW). I did leave in the ability to subscribe just to the subblogs in the RSS feeds, but for the most part I don’t think folks mind the variety.
7) Name three non-WoW/game-related websites that you visit frequently.
8) What was/is your favorite animal to see at the zoo?
ALL THE ANIMALS! …No seriously, everything but the great apes (because they sort of creep me out). If I had to go to the zoo and only get to see one, hmm– I’ll go with tigers please. (Although I love all the cats more or less equally).
9) Cake or Pie? What is your favorite flavor of your preferred dessert?
Pumpkin pie will win. Always.
Unless there is a pumpkin pie cake that I don’t know about and then it would be a tie. *solemn nod*
10) What toppings do you like on a pizza? on an ice-cream sundae?
Just cheese and pepperoni, although I don’t mind a Hawaiian or some mushrooms now and then.
Ice cream sundae-wise… I don’t think there are any toppings I don’t like. Sundaes are sort of a free-for-all when it comes to what to add. (Fruit is always an awesome choice though, which is why I love Sweet Frog so much)
11) What is your favorite writing instrument?
Mechanical pencil. Ink is too messy and I burn through normal pencils too fast to have to keep pausing to sharpen. :p …Wait, do laptops count? If so, then my little Chromebook is pretty awesome! *pats Chromie fondly*
And now onto Step 3! Provide eleven miscellaneous facts about yourself… hmmm.
1) I love playing computer games on a treadmill, it lets me burn off all the extra energy that the games whip-up, although I no longer play for as long (or as frequently) as I used to.
2) For a couple years I took fencing lessons (foil and historical) and although I was never really good at it, it was a LOT of fun and I really miss it.
3) I had a cat for seventeen years, but my allergies have gotten worse over time and I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to have a cat again.
4) Every so often I want to give away everything I own and go live in a tiny house. Then I imagine live without art supplies and the urge goes away again.
5) I love leveling alts! Well, okay, I love the starting areas… some of the later levels (60-70) can go die in a fire. That said I’ve never gotten most of my alts much past the 30’s. Paying to power-level them is starting to look rather appealing. *ponders*
6) I have hundreds of half-finished writing and art projects hanging around, some of which have been sitting for decades. I keep telling myself someday I will finish them, but I’m honestly not sure I’ll live long enough to get them all done.
7) I am constantly confused at the stuff I like doing in WoW: Pet battling is much more entertaining than I thought it would be, but transmogging should have peaked my interest and didn’t. Farming mats is more relaxing than boring and fishing is a Zen art… but raiding is just not worth the time. I think I’m doing this game wrong.
8) I stopped watching TV a few years back and aside from the occasional Hulu marathon… I don’t really miss it.
9) If I could pay Blizzard for custom cat/bear/travel/bird skins I would be on that in a heartbeat! Heck, if they let us pay to design custom skins I would be broke and in absolute heaven.
10) Afternoon naps on the weekends, curled up in bed in a sunbeam with the dogs are the BEST THING EVER.
11) I wish we could farm other mats in the Panderian farms– I would love to be able to gather Mageweave or midlevel leather for leveling alts!
Step 4 (and 5) is pretty much a no-go since I’m so late to the party– I’m pretty sure everyone I read has already been tagged (for lo, the are awesome folks!) So I’m going to be lazy and tag anyone who reads this and wants to play.
Eleven Questions (Again!)
1) What is one quest/grind that you never want to do again?
2) What is one quest you wish was repeatable?
3) What is your favorite critter?
4) What’s one thing Blizzard could offer a micro-payment for that you’d love to see?
5) Name one blog you read every day (or at least every time they post).
6) If you lost everything and had to start over again, would you keep playing WoW or quit?
7) Do you think WoW will exist 5 years from now? How about 10?
8a) For the older crowd: What did you do for fun before video games took off?
8b) How much money would someone have to pay you to disconnect all internet service (phones web-browsing included) at home?
9) If you could have any animal as a real-life pet what would it be? How about as a WoW hunter pet?
10) What is the weirdest/silliest skill that you have learned while playing WoW?
11) If the real-money auction house had actually worked and you could make a living just playing WoW all day– would you?