1. Radiation batters the sensors in a rush of static, but echoing through the noise is the heartbeat ping of the beacon.
2. “Everything ends.” He tossed the last shovel of dirt onto the gravemound and paused to wipe his brow. “Good things, bad things, it doesn’t matter. Take nothing for granted.”
3. The oldest races are the largest, evolved in a more forgiving world they have been slow to adapt to the new reality.
4. Someone calling during dinner was one of my grandmother’s gravest sins and I watched her outlast telemarketer after telemarketer in stoic silence.
5. Fine gray moss grows in the crevices, scattered like ashes across the collapsed brickwork.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. The prompts are meant to serve as sparks or story starters and are free to a good home. You’re welcome to use them verbatim or modified, the only restriction is that you don’t just resell them as prompts. (That’s my shtick!)
Looking for prompts with a specific focus? Have $1.00?? Hire me to create a custom eBook of 62 prompts on (almost) any theme, 31 of which you get to lock into a vault so no one else can see them for at least a year!