It’s been an art-free few weeks, but I’m finally getting some traction again. I’ve got two fencing tutorials roughed out (micro mini and improvements on the stablemate) and one in the ‘experimental’ stages (silicone rubber casting using Lego boxes).
Once I get the silicone casting figured out, there will be a lot more Fat Animal magnets on the horizon! I’m planning on primarily taking those to the art show in October with a bunch of faux-stone paint jobs so they look classy. *solemn nod*
It’s been a while since the last update, so there has been some small movement in the meanwhile! 🙂
The G4 Stock Horse (and her mini-me Fat Pony Magnet) took a trip through the mail and arrived safely. The three blue dot dolphins also made a quick trip and thankfully everyone was happy with the end result! 🙂
I started looking over the things I want to take to the craft fair in October and there were a few things that needed tweaking. I replaced the magnets on two of the older simple plaster horse heads and did some basic touch-ups to a few magnets that had picked up paint damage in storage.
I’m still staring down the barrel of a giant photography backlog and with my ‘get back into Etsy Oct 1st’ goal less than a week away, time’s getting tight. I really want to use up all of the new photo slots with additional ‘in progress’ photos and packaging photos! That means cleaning the workbench, making some new box templates, and getting the camera setup tweaked.
I need to really take a look at my hoard and see what I’d be proud to have on the table. I’m trying to do at ‘everything is multiples of $5’ table because there’s no tax and I don’t want to have to make real change. 😉 (I’ll be using PayPal and Etsy to take credit card payments, but I’m hoping cash will work. *crosses fingers*)
But that means the smaller magnets need to be bundled and boxes need to be made… etc.
Because of all the troubles I’ve had with getting custom orders done in a reasonable amount of time… I’m not doing them anymore. That means I need to go through and get rid of all the custom listing in Etsy. I’m going to be doing my best to replace the custom listings with pre-made items (fences, bases, etc.) but it will most likely take until next year to have a decent inventory built up.