1. “This is the last thing I wanted– to win by without any shred of honor left? But the phrophecy can’t go unfufilled.”
2. Cold winds creep sluggishly along the valley floor, the merest whisper of frost that hints at the storm to come.
3. Dogs sprawl about the campsite, exhausted but alert for the slightest sounds of food.
4. The light of the dying star dims as they fly closer, peeling off the centuries in a fast-forward dash to the present.
5. Songs are meant to be sung at certain times of day and punishment for singing out of step is swift and vicious.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. The prompts are meant to serve as sparks or story starters and are free to a good home. You’re welcome to use them verbatim or modified, the only restriction is that you don’t just resell them as prompts. (That’s my shtick!)
Looking for prompts with a specific focus? Have $1.00?? Hire me to create a custom eBook of 62 prompts on (almost) any theme, 31 of which you get to lock into a vault so no one else can see them for at least a year!