1. Every year they killed the last of the dragons and every year the ocean birthed new ones.
2. She feels like she’s always packing up her life to move somewhere. An endless cycle of purging-packing-nesting that makes the concept of home seem distant and dreamlike.
3. The long distance ships are massive things, cobwebbed with transport systems. It would take days to walk from the bow to the stern, so even the failover systems have backups.
4. “Have you heard about the fire?”
5. The first day of summer vacation is always overwhelming– There’s no school to eat up his days and he can do anything. So much to do! So much to accomplish! …So he goes back to bed instead.