1. “You’re all of the mad and none of the scientist.”
2. Dragons litter the seaside after the morning after the fight. Sprawled haphazardly along the sands, their shimmering corpses fracture the light into dancing rainbows.
3. Visions of hills covered in terraced gardens haunt his dreams for years.
4. Cold air seeps in through the door frame until the snow has piled high enough to seal them in.
5. My mother always said ‘can’t’ when she meant ‘won’t’ and for years I bought into her version of the world.